Monday, March 7, 2011

Alligator Steps and American Village

Emily and Ayla go to Alligator Steps on Mondays.  I got to tag along while I was there.  It is a wonderful program for both little ones and their moms.  This Grandma didn't quite have the routine down - I was quite awkward in a few activities but it sure was fun doing those things with Ayla.





Emily and Ayla went on base and instead of having to sign us in at the front gate Stan and I snooped around at a hotel on the corner.  This wasn't quite what we had pictured our laying out in the sun would look like.  It was warmer than home so we had no complaints.
Emily took us to American Village.  There was quite a mix of things in the market and vendors with various Japanese fare.  We didn't try any because I think we were still full from lunch.  The market reminded me somewhat of Pike Street Market in Seattle.  The highlight of the complex was the Fish Doctor.  For 1000 yen Stan and I got 5 minutes with our feet in a pool with scale eating fish.  Both of us giggled for quite some time as it was very ticklish.  Stan put his feet on the bottom of the pool so his fish could only get the tops and sides of his feet.  Cheater!  It was pretty cool and I want some at my house.
 
 Not a very flattering angle but this picture gives a better indication of what the fish looked like.
We had dinner at Ootoya.  It was very good.  Ayla ended up eating half of Emily's mackerel.  She was quite the little eater!  I had pork and vegetables and I thought my sauce (which was very good) had a hint of maple flavoring.  I found that to be interesting and I want to test it with some stir-fry someday.

No comments: